The 89 Series of low-profile, half-pitch connectors utilizes the concept of securely-fit, one-point contacts. Having the most compact design and lowest profile of all KEL half-pitch connectors, and also featuring a guide mechanism, this product is ideal for SMT applications.
The connectors of the 8900 Series have become the de facto standard for removable-media applications as used in laptop computers. Furthermore, the right-angle variation provides three rows of tail contacts in order to facilitate high-density mounting.
With five variations of stacking height between 7 and 12 mm, and eight variations of contact numbers between 20 and 120, these connectors support application in a diverse range of situations. Naturally, connections can be made in three dimensions in the form of stacking, vertical mounting, and horizontal mounting.
- Low insertion and withdrawal force
- Mating process is reliable and self-aligning
- Guide pins assure smooth mating and un-mating
- Insulator protects the contacts from damage or breakage
- PPS insulator offers high temperature resistance
- Stacked mating heights of 7, 8, 9, 10 and 12mm (0.276, 0.315, 0.354, 0.394 and 0.472″)
- Eight sizes: 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 80, 100 and 120 pins
- Audible “click” assures users of complete mating
- Three variations; Horizontal, Vertical and Stacked
- 3 rows of terminals conserve board space
- RoHS compliance